Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pussy Love, Part two X 2

I have a clear plastic box that is originally a panel from an electric litter box. For some reason Jake took to it on top of the window ledge between my kitchen and living room. I don't almost step on him there. I don't pass food through there. And, he can see the whole apartment from this perch. It's what cats love, height and low traffic. If he is happy and quiet, I too am happy and quiet.

Jake tends to be loud and impatient. But who wouldn't be. His Buddy and our soul mate cat, Buster, passed away 1 1/2 years ago. They were best friends. They slept together, played together and even groomed each other. The makeup of his territory has changed drastically.

No more are quiet days of napping in the sun. Now he's likely to get jumped upon, any time, any place. I feel for him, I really do, but my hands are tied. I adopt pets for life, and he doesn't like the new setup. I love his "sisters" as much as I love him. So he needs to get used to it and find places that are safe for him, like the one pictured here.

Nap on my darling Jake...

No comments:

Post a Comment