Thursday, April 8, 2010

I'm going to smile anyway

I have been in bad shape the last several days. It started with my knees and legs aching badly. Followed by my thumb starting to pop and, Yeow! it hurts when I try to use it. Followed by an infected tooth, which I sat on all weekend. Then the extraction -- which was the most pain I've been in in decades. I was at 9.5 on the 1-10 pain scale, for over an hour. And now the residual pain as the tooth heals and the thumb goes to therapy.

I will still try to smile. It's because I have no need to feel badly for not trikking for a week, or walking for several days. I have no reason to feel guilty or lazy or as if I've been back-sliding. And besides, I will walk today.

I don't have to worry about losing all the "fitness" I've gained. And even if I did, well, I'm signed on for the long haul. Just like my food plan. If I eat badly today that's ok. It's not about today, it's about 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment